OUR SUPER-AWESOME $39 OUTFIT CHALLENGE CONFIDENCE-BOOSTING DAY!
'If we invest into driving lessons to both teach a young person to drive and to decrease the risks of them crashing, and we know one lesson does not a driver make, and we throw money at our children when they have a sore tooth, why are we not investing more into our young people's confidence and headspace when a car and teeth are easy to 'fix' in comparison to our children's self-esteem, confidence and self worth?' - Amanda Betts
Do you want your teen to feel more confident in themselves? Do they love fashion? How about vintage & thrift store shopping? Would you love beautiful fashion-inspired photos of your teen? WE CAN HELP!
Saturday 19th September BOOKED OUT
Sunday 20th September BOOKED OUT
Monday 28th September BOOKED OUT
Thursday 1st October BOOKED OUT
WHANGAREI: Monday 5th October
HAMILTON: Thursday 8th October SPACES FILLING
‘The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service to others’ – Mahatma Ghandi
Welcome to a truly unique experience and something you can only get with us, the people of the Bridge The Gap Project & Over2U: the $39 Outfit Challenge Day! This is an awesome, fun-filled, confidence-boosting day all while taking care of social responsibility. You know…doing good for others who are less privileged while having a blast doing so and learning a few precious life skills along the way (does it get any better?). Even better, every participant learns handy life skills, like the value of money, how to negotiate and be resourceful, comradery, how to use social media to work for you, for example.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE $39 OUTFIT CHALLENGE DAY?
‘You don’t need to spend a fortune to feel expensive’. It goes like this:
Book a day with us (But be quick! Spaces are strictly limited to max of 10)
- Bring $39 cash or a card with $39 to spend on it. Bring more if you want to donate more than one outfit (or take an outfit home)
- Meet at designated meeting point, and we’ll take over and whisk you to various community stores, thrift, vintage & pre-loved designer clothing shops, cheap and cheerful etc. PAPERBAG PRINCESS are onboard in allowing us to have each item of clothign for $5!!
- Put together as many cool-as outfits as possible for your $39 (don’t worry. We’ll help you. After all, that’s part of our job!)
- We take you to a cool photographic studio where you get to have more fun. Like, you get to combine your outfits with some of our donated clothes (we have racks of them!), and work with our MAKE ONE CHANGE philosophy (because one small change in your wardrobe, and your life or attitude for that matter, can make a huge difference!)
- We’ll engage some professional make up artists to do half your make up (you do the other half so you learn how to do it, but we’ll make sure you look amazing), and even better, you get to choose your make up/style direction, any way you want!
- We’ll then get Servilles hairdressers in to ensure your hair looks fab and have you feeling ready to rock it
We’ll teach you how to pose like a model pro (selfies included)
We get a professional photographer in who will take your shots
You model your outfit for the Bridge The Gap Project
Your outfit gets donated to the Bridge The Gap Project SHOP to help disadvantaged teens & you get to take a piece of clothing home
- We’ll send you retouched (if necessary) photos of you modelling your outfits. And if you’re lucky, we'll enlist a model with long skinny legs and a real pretty face, Monty Model Dog (the dog who posed with Lorde on ‘Royals’), dress him up and take photos of you and him dressed in wigs (yes, even he’s doing good for others)
‘Price is what you pay. Value is what you get’ – Warren Buffett (he’s super, super rich, BTW. Like…super-rich)
Being the ex co-founder of Red11 Models, Amanda knows a photo session for a coupla hours is ‘worth’ at least $250. And that’s without your final shots. Let alone you’ll be helping others help themselves.
But because we’re doing it for the youth, we’ll do it for this:
$290 + $39 per outift (to be donated to BTGP) + retouched photos (x 2 per outfit)
an item of clothing from our new & preloved clothing racks
- We’ll Facebook all entries and the voted winner will win a $39 bargain designer outfit of their choice!
Plus you’ll get first dibs to be involved in our regular fashion show events! It doesn't matter your size, sex, age, race or religion, you’ll get to have the experience of modelling or helping behind the scenes of our fashion shows where you get to put outfits together from what we provide in donated, pre-loved, cheap as chips or thrift & vintage stores, and learn how to rock it in our free lessons in catwalk training, shots from the night & an experience of feeling the fear & doing it anyway.
What’s more, we combine youth from all walks of life, because the people of the Bridge The Gap Project fundraise and sponsor people to help make stuff happen for those who can’t afford or wouldn’t get such precious access to confidence-boosting experiences! Thanks to generous donations, we’ve already given away confidence-building and transformational photo shoot experiences, and outfits, to young people!
And that’s why we shamelessly need YOU! If you can do something to help, then do something to help. Engage in our Facebook, share posts that inspire you, sign up to our newsletters and share the newsletters with your friends. After all, the more we have, the more we can give.
Because as Mother Teresa says, ‘I can do things you cannot. You can can do things I cannot; Together, we can do many great things.’
NOTE: WE’RE OFFERING our $39 OUTFIT CHALLENGE DAYS UP & DOWN THE COUNTRY ACCORDING TO NUMBERS & FIRST-IN, FIRST-SERVED! So rally up your peeps and BOOK A DATE!