This week, KIWIFM'S BREAKFAST LOVELY LADY CHARLOTTE RYAN and I talk about:
- how finding light and clarity often stems from dark times
- that we can use those tough times as an inspirational platform for creativity in all its forms
- we have to keep hitting at dark times with everything we have, like we did when we were kids hitting at the Piñata!
- how one small change everyday can (and does) make a difference to feeling happier
- why heading over to an amazing website that helps reduce stress and talks openly about depression, LIVE MORE AWESOME is REALLY GOOD FOR YOU (and fun! And hey, TAKE THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE on the world’s largest EVER waterslide!).
As usual, I did a shout out for a GO-TO MOOD BOOSTER song, and this week’s a beauty from RYAN META, my very own ‘Angel’ in some tough times for me recently as I BEGIN AGAIN after leaving the company I co-founded/built from scratch in RED11 MODELS. RYAN built my website for me in under two months, did most of the photography and all the videography, music…the works.
RYAN chose BLUE JEANS by LANA DEL REY. The explanation is incredibly moving, and not something I’d have ever thought of, myself. So HAVE A LISTEN TO OUR MONDAY MORNING CLARITY & RYAN’S EXPLANATION HERE:
I’ll be joining CHARLOTTE RYAN every Monday morning at 7.30ish on KIWIFM 102.2 AUCKLAND, 102.1 WELLINGTON & 102.5 CANTERBURY. So here's a call to action: CONNECT WITH ME WHAT YOUR FAVOURITE OR MOOD BOOSTER SONG IS OR WHICH SONG SAVED YOU AND WHY, AND LISTEN OUT TO SEE IF CHARLOTTE & I PLAY IT ON KIWI FM. And if there’s a topic you want us to cover, lemme know.
And when you’re having dark times, roll up the sleeves and CREATE SOMETHING… ANYTHING. Like BEN & WIREMU creating this song they wrote for those dark times, BETTER DAY (ladies: I want to help put a smile on your face, so hope this brightens your day).
Thanks for joining me! If you find anything here that could be useful to someone else, share it.
In the meantime,